Take On Religion


I was just asked why I don't believe in God by a Christian, and then told my answer was unacceptable.

My answer was:

"whilst I respect the comfort that people draw from their faith, personally I would rather take the time and energy to believe in myself than in some random intangible entity, and whilst I know many religious people who as individuals have a lot of integrity and compassion, I believe that organised religion in general is responsible for much of the world's dissent." 

My question is, can someone tell me why my opinion is unacceptable?

Besides, if I were creating a religion and had to pick a god, I'd pick David Bowie. He's far more worship-worthy and inspiring. Also... happy 100th blog post to me. Well on this blog anyway...

Ziggy played guitarrrrrraaaaarrrrraaaarrrrrr.

Title: Word on a Wing by David Bowie

2 comments:

Lois Entwistle said...

"That's not acceptable???"...

That's not a Christian!

Lianne Marie Mease said...

*laughs* I wish I'd thought to say that!!!