We're here to eat you

This evening I had a date with my beloved husband at Dough Bistro. Just look at his little face, his attempts to embarrass me by tucking a napkin into his collar are met only with giggles at this stage in our relationship.


But enough about him. (and yes I realise I have not yet blogged about our wedding but suffice to say people have only just stopped talking about the damned thing and I was enjoying the peace and quiet...) I wanted to write about Dough.

"Dough's menus are created almost daily alongside local producers for seasonality, home-grown ingredients, locally sourced meat and seafood, and only the best ingredients apparent throughout each menu. Expect mouth-watering flavours, romantic combinations, and visual stimulation from one of the forerunners in the Leeds restaurant industry."

proclaims the website, but I when recommending Dough (something I do regularly for reasons which shall become perfectly clear) I usually say that it's like a little slice of Paris in Leeds.
The food is sublime, no other restaurant in Leeds celebrates the ingredients quite like Luke does or seeks such innovative flavour combinations. Every dish is honed to perfection and flawlessly presented.
The service is wonderful (not very Parisian, but hey we don't DO bad service in Leeds, we're a friendly lot) and the ambience is a cocktail of muted lighting and marvellous music.

Somewhat selfishly, I must add that he has a wonderful vegetarian selection but whether you like fish, fowl or meat I guarantee you will be spoilt for choice.

This evening I partook of a purple sprouting broccoli and goats cheese bisque


An aubergine and potato salad with blue cheese mousse


A strawberry sorbet to cleanse the palate


Roast pepper filled with olive tapenade and cheese, sat on a rosti and topped with white asparagus


A strawberry & basil syllabub topped with ginger


And to finish, an orgy of rhubarb parfait and ginger sorbet (I think!)




Suffice to say I am now happily stuffed and already hankering for my next visit. Book one yourself, you will not regret it.

Ziggy played guitarrrrrraaaaarrrrraaaarrrrrr.

Title:  We are hungry men by David Bowie

0 comments: