Black Tie White Noise

I'm going to write something which given this previous post, you might find a little shocking.


I'm getting married.


Like anything in life, quitting being single, independent and let's face it anti-wedding is going to be an ordeal which starts with the first step... acceptance. I am getting married. I actually HAVE to do the bride thing. I'm coming out.


I thought I would put my OCD and organisational skills to good use so within the first 4 days of us picking the date (naturally there was no big romantic proposal because I would have puked all over him - we just talked about what we wanted for the future, namely that he would like to get married and I am more than happy to commit to the man I love for life so we picked a month next year based on when we'd like to go on honeymoon. The honeymoon will naturally be in Paris and April is the ONLY time to go. *laughs*) I have picked my wedding dress, my wedding band, the Christian Louboutin shoes, I have started designing the new bathroom that I want instead of a honking big engagement ring and we have reserved the date at Leeds Town Hall for Friday 13th April 2012. It's going to be a family only ceremony, streamed online for any friends who want to watch and then there will be a huge party in the evening for about 250 people.


There, I said it.


Now all I need is for the world to understand that for me, getting married is NOT about a wedding. I don't want to be a Disney bride. I don't want bridesmaids and speeches and a big sit down dinner with place settings and napkins and flowers and themes and names and favours. I don't want a wedding car or big hair or a veil. I don't want people gawking at me all day. I don't want to toss a bouquet and shame all my single friends. I don't want to treat getting married as some sort of competitive sport or a club that I'm desperate to enter. I don't want to be a princess for a day.


I want to get married to the man I love as myself. A simple dress, walking up the aisle to David Bowie wearing some fabulous shoes. My amazing photographer friend Adele of Blue Lights Photography will take some pretty pictures and then I'd like to go have a nice quiet meal with my husband and meet everyone for a big party in the evening.


I want for our families and friends will be happy to celebrate our love without focussing on all the trimmings of the day that I simply cannot bear the thought of. I don't want to ever lose sight of what is important to me - him.


So the thing that's keeping me busy and excited at the moment is not wedding planning or bridezilla obsessing, it's my recipe blog Everything Goes With Toast which is going from strength to strength and I'm having the most fun working on it. This weekend I will be experimenting with tempura bacon and a Wensleyday and cranberry dip and working on some Teapigs recipes for next week. I also made 3 batches of jam last night to ship out to the most recent 10 likes on the Facebook fanpage for Everything Goes With Toast. Off I go to the post office!


Ziggy played guitarrrrrraaaaarrrrraaaarrrrrr.


Title: Black Tie White Noise by David Bowie

0 comments: