There's a taste in my mouth

So I woke up this morning and it was thththththththscorchio! (thank you Fast Show)
The sun was baking down, nary a cloud in the sky and I decided that thanks to my new improved skin (invest in some Garnier 7 day moisturiser, it's better than The Sanctuary and I've been using that for nigh on 10 years!) I should wear a backless halterneck dress to work.



OK so walking to work via the river, admiring sunbathing bun eating ducks and feeling every so sun kissed was lovely. Sitting in the office with the air con cranked up and developing goosebumps on my goosebumps is not so much. So when the boys decided they were going out for fish and chips I thought I'd get with the hot lunch instead of bitterly cursing myself for not at least bringing a cardigan!

Not fish and chips though, oh no I went to Carluccio's on Greek Street - an Italian deli which opened about 4 weeks ago. You can go to eat in, order takeout or shop for lovely Italian treats like truffle butter. Sweet jeebus just look at the tarts. Mmmmmmm.


I ordered a risotto ball and some ciabatta with mozarella, pesto and basil leaves. Best lunch ever.



Though when the boys came back I did feel the need to also steal a chip. Mmmm vinegar soaked goodness. *cough splutter* oh and I'm sick again... yes it seems I will never be free of getting these pesky sinus infections. This one has got to my chest a bit but so far so good. Hopefully it won't be a return of the pneumonia of death eh.

That's all from me for today but I promise to update here more often - if you miss me then check out what I've been spending all my time on... http://everythinggoeswithtoast.blogspot.com/.

Ziggy played guitarrrrrraaaaarrrrraaaarrrrrr.


Title: Queen Bitch by David Bowie

1 comments:

Pete said...

I've eaten in Carluccios a couple of times when working away and have found it massively disappointing both on both occasions. The first time I had penne with spicy sausage and when it arrived it was pasta covered with mince (not what I expected!) and the second I had chicken with tomato & basil and it smelled (& tasted) fairly strongly of sick.

Nice garlic focaccia bread though, and good tiramisu.