Sweetly reminiscent, something mama used to bake

It's nearly 5pm on a Sunday and I am lying resplendent on my couch, smirking at Nigella as she chops beetroot whilst wearing white and drinking a hot chocolate topped with whipped cream from what can only be described as a mixing bowl.

It reminds me of that moment in Friends where Roger "I HATE that guy!" the analyst spits: Actually it's... it's quite, you know... typical behaviour when you have this kind of dysfunctional group dynamic. You know, this kind of co-dependent, emotionally stunted, sitting in your stupid coffee house with your stupid big cups which, I'm sorry, might as well have nipples on them, and you're all, like, "Oh, define me! Define me! Love me, I need love!"

Bwahahah.

This weekend started with a Friday night of  drinking cocktails and watching Tangled with my oldest friend Rach whilst we devoured a metric tonne of dips in order to test the lovely selection of products which Fudge's Bakery kindly sent me as inspiration. One of the benefits of writing a food blog!

And inspire me they did. In the last week I have made: Baba ganoush, hummus, chilli con queso, roast pepper and goats cheese dip, avocado tzatzikipoicamole, guacamole and cannelini bean pate. Phew.



Sitting outside in the garden of an evening with a glass of wine, dips and nibbly things is my new favourite thing and I absolutely love Fudge's products - the cheese straws, flatbreads, wafers and biscuits are delicious and either complement or really hold their own up against the flavours of my dips. The cheese and jalepeno wafers are to die for!
I love the rich buttery cheddar biscuits, the crisp flatbreads have the perfect shape to scoop up dip and the cheese straws were absolutely divine.


They're really reasonably priced and the quality is excellent. I would recommend them to anyone - and to be honest everyone that's been round for dinner or drinks this week has set upon them like rabid dogs so I know it's not just me!
Give them a try, you won't regret it.


Ziggy played guitarrrrrraaaaarrrrraaaarrrrrr.


Title: Diamond Dogs by David Bowie

0 comments: