lend us a book we can read up alone

You would have thought by now that I would have run out of David Bowie lyrics for my titles but thankfully I have a back catalogue of 40 albums to run through. *bows down to Bowie*

It always amuses me too when people tweet or text me to guess which song my titles came from. Perhaps one day I will launch some sort of competition to win a pair of my socks or something.

I returned to the office today after being off for the past 3 working days with gastric flu of death - cue triumphant fanfare of trumpets. I always find it distressing being off work because I am one of those mutant weirdos who genuinely loves their job but I had a few projects on the go that I am gutted to be behind on now. My Outlook calendar is a ruthlessly organised schedule of work and my OCD hates it when I have to go off the beaten track. I spent most of the last 3 days off thinking "I should be doing this right now" and wished I'd had my work laptop at home with me.

Another thing I was unable to do was return my library books by the allotted date which was Friday last week. I lugged them to the library in my lunch hour prepared to cough up a pretty penny and cursing myself for not thinking to renew them online.

I was in luck though - when I got to the desk and sheepishly announced "these are a bit late, I'm afraid I've been rather ill since last week" the man smiled at me, said "oh don't worry, it will be our little secret" and then proceeded to ask me if I'd care to go for a walk along the canal with him this evening.

Walk along the canal in the dark? With a stranger? No thank you, he might rape me and leave me in a bin. Besides I don't think I'm allowed to go out with generous maverick librarians - The Boy would probably have something to say about it.

Ziggy played guitarrrrrraaaaarrrrraaaarrrrrr.


Title: Drive In Saturday by David Bowie

0 comments: