Drink, drink drain your glass

The Boy is currently en route home from somewhere around London. His work trip was just overnight this time so depending on what time he gets back in his shiny new Golf I might actually get to spend some time with him.

Absence does make the heart grow fonder!

On Friday when he got back from a week away it was all...


By Saturday it was all...


Thanks Rach for capturing both of those, ahem, tender moments from this weekend!

Tonight my intention was to continue my efforts to remodel our living room and prepare our third floor for The Australians which are moving in in April. Unfortunately I've had a very very very bad day at work (which rarely happens, I usually love my job!) and the only thing that I was capable of doing was snorkelling my way to the bottom of a pitcher of Moscow Mules.

About 6pm when I'd given up on completing my final task of the day with any degree of my usual quality I slid on my Skull Candy's, cranked up the Bowie and went to Tesco to pick up some ingredients for They Boy's lunches this week, for our dinner tomorrow night, some yellow roses (flowers always cheer me up) some ginger beer, limes and a bottle of Absolut.

I got to the checkout and was just packing my bags of groceries when the checkout guy uttered the dreaded "do you have any ID?" as he scanned through the vodka.

I said "but I'm 27!" and then promptly burst into tears when I realised that I didn't have my passport with me.
"I'm so sorry, I know crying won't exactly convince you of my maturity but I've just had such a horrible day!" he winked at me, told me "don't worry, you look like you need a drink" and handed me the blessed vodka.


So you see alcohol is the answer. Not painting a ceiling - Moscow Mules, roses and Audrey Hepburn movies are.

"You're Anna Karenina!"
"Shall I throw myself under the train?" ~ Audrey, Funny Face.



Ziggy played guitarrrrrraaaaarrrrraaaarrrrrr.

Title: Station To Station by David Bowie

0 comments: