Wild is The Wind

So it's 7:30am in the Church of Disco... no, wait... I'm in the office.
And my head feels like it's going to fall off. Note to self, don't drink wine on a school night when you haven't drunk enough during the day to be thoroughly hydrated.

I lost my train of thought.

As Miss Golightly was saying before she was so rudely interrupted...

The wind today is insane. No, not me, the actual weather - the wind is whistling around the building, howling one might say. It sounds quite frightening and makes me want to curl up at home with Breakfast at Tiffany's (the book or the film, each are equally glorious) with a hot chocolate. Dark chocolate melted into milk, a shot of brandy, marshmallows and whipped cream. Mmmmmm. Decadance.

Actually the thought of brandy right now, or indeed any additional alcohol makes my head want to explode out of my arse.

Just the marshmallows then. You can't go wrong with marshmallows. Not unless you're a Ghostbuster. Hahah, nice one Ray.






I haven't read Wuthering Heights for a while. I can always tell when someone describes Heathcliffe as "romantic" that they've never actually read the book. Or have been influenced by the Ike Turners of the world.
It's a Gothic novel, a horror story darling, not a romance! Heathcliffe was perfectly beastly. He may have loved Cathy but not in a way that I ever want to be loved thank you.

It's now midday and I have returned to this over my lunch hour. I gave it up as a bad job and began working instead at 8:00am.

As Miss Golightly was saying before she was so rudely interrupted...

Conference calls, graphs, data and emails later I am getting ready to finish up some email campaigns and start another data project this afternoon.
Then I'm going to pick up The Boy's dry cleaning, go home to get changed and then The Boy and I are coming back into Leeds to meet a friend to go Ice Skating at The Cube.

An excuse to wear the new hat of cuteness, the new coat of glory and maybe dig out one of the scarves I made recently. Yes I took up knitting. I can knit rows of garter stitch on two kneedles but am incapable of casting on or off and I am not yet ready for the complexities of different types of stitch.

I do have two scarves though and another one on the way which I've been saving until we go to The Lakes to finish in case I get bored.
Speaking of which I just procured The Carrie Diaries and The Hand That First Held Mine to take with me too. 2 books for one week? Methinks I will have to pack my bag with a stack of re-reads.

Any recommendations? Do check my Good Reads first as it's more than likely that I'll have already read it, voracious little book whore that I am.

Ziggy played guitarrrrrraaaaarrrrraaaarrrrrr.


Title: Wild Is The Wind by David Bowie

4 comments:

Blue Lights Photography said...

Im reading Girl Missing by Tess Gerritson. I love her books. Im all about the Thriller and Crime Novels.

Lady of Hay by Barbara Eirskien is VERY good. x

Rhonasaurus said...

I started crocheting again, I find it easier than knitting. I made a hat with rainbow wool which you would think would be tres awesome but it's fecking ugly!

Rhonasaurus said...

Oh! Tess Gerritson is good, you might like Beverly Connor too

Rachael said...

hehe book whore...I love your blogs but then again I love you x