I'm a mess without my little China girl

So The Boy is in Slough and I am in Leeds. I do not care for this.

Every time he goes away I go on this mad bender of projects from filling rubble sacks with CellarShit to go to the tip, to cooking vats full of soup and freezing it.

On top of crazy productive things I also fill all my newfound free NonBoyTime with UBERGIRLIE things like painting my fingernails or plucking my eyebrows, arranging girlie nights in and having long telephone conversations with my girlfriend Tom about his magical foof.

Tomorrow The Best Friend is coming over to cheer me up as only she can. Otherwise I would be forced to take a lover. A lover like this. The double chocolate fudge brownie cheesecake. 



OK so I've already had 2 slices. Want some? You can pry it from my cold, dead fingers.
Because let's face it, cake is reliable. Cake always makes you feel good (except when it contains soya and you're allergic to it). Cake is always there for you. Cake makes you happy.

I am glossing over the fact that prolongued use of the "cake as replacement for boyfriend" model will eventually lead me to grow a third buttock. Cake is not fattening LeeMee. Go to your happy place. La la la la la la la laaaa la la la la la la la laaaa. Om nom nom munch.

In all seriousness (wait, I take that back!) I am going to end up being horribly fat at this rate - The Boy called me earlier to let me know that after his week in Slough, and his week in Devon, and our holiday with his family in the Lakes he is then leaving me AGAIN to go to China.

China. CHINA! Yes, that China. The far away kind. He gets sick every time he has nasty greasy Chinese takeout, he will actually die out there. Someone bring me some faaaackin Frennnnnch toast.

Ziggy played guitarrrrrraaaaarrrrraaaarrrrrr.


Title: China Girl by David Bowie

2 comments:

Leftwingchica said...

Where in China? China is neat and the food is totally different from take out. It's not greasy at all and is really lovely. Especially places that serve specialties of Shanghai as they have the most amazing vegetable dishes ever. Seriously I loved eating out in Beijing as the food was epic. Oh and this is Hanna (Open Diary Ladyfoxmccloud) btw.

Etoile Filante said...

Hahah - Hanna I was kidding about the food!!! I know that "proper" Chinese food isn't greasy, it's certainly not when I cook it anyway - I love my Chinese cook books.
I'm not sure exactly where he's going but I'll find out for you when I speak to him tonight. My Nan went to Singapore once and thought the Orient was just spectacular so if he gets to see more then the inside of a hotel and conference room I'm sure he'll love it. xxx