FASHION

FASHION. Turn to the left




I had the 2007 limited edition Purple Dolly Girl version of Bonjour L'Amour by Anna Sui and I LOVED it. I cannot find the fucking thing ANYWHERE in the shops (duh, limited edition) and it's been driving me insane. It smells of sweet lemon, grapefruit, musk, orange blossom, cinnamon, amber, tuberose, magnolia, rosewood, orris, cedarwood, raspberry, peach, coconut, jasmine and muguet. It is me in a bottle. Then I hit on ebaying it. 20 bottles available.

It took every ounce of my self control not to buy up all 20. I procured one bottle at £14 which was very restrained. I also bought a new military style black wool coat today for £15, reduced from £70 which is also very impressive.

FASHION. Turn to the right.

I need some sensible new boots/shoes for our week in the Lake District.

I have some wellingtons that my darling Nana bought me for my birthday. You see the last pair which I bought to match a teacup and saucer (yes, really) got torn in a freak "too many pairs of rainbow socks" accident so Nana bought me some more with cherries on. Lovely.




But (and it's a big butt, my butt after all that damned cake) I could do with something suitable for long walks in cold weather. Something that will also translate into boots I can walk to work in and wear to work in winter.

Enter the Sketchers! I walked past Barratts at lunchtime on my way to Schuh and spotted a pair of half decent looking black boots amongst the display of sad, ugly, cheap and nasty footwear on display. I don't DO Barratts. I have respect for my feet. When I saw the boots though I thought, "hmmm they're bound to be cheap if they're in here and considering that I'm so on a budget that I don't even have budget available for boots... I'd better stop being so princessy."

I felt suitably self-chastised and compelled to go inside where I discovered that they were Sketchers and therefore above the quality of usual Barratt shoes. They were also reduced to £44 until Friday which is an EXCEPTIONAL price.

A quick text to The Boy confirmed that I should buy them and it was then that my schizorenia kicked in and I decided that they were ugly and I didn't like them. They were TOO sensible.

I'm not one for sensible footwear. I am a girl who will happily gloss over future spinal injuries in order to wear the highest of high heels. I once crashed a go-kart wearing a pair of Vivienne Westwood rocking horse heels.
I was not amused to have broken those shoes. They were magnificent.
I wear black velvet mary janes like Alice In Wonderland. Fitflops are the closest I've ever come to functional footwear.

Oooooooh FASHION. We are the goon squad and we're coming to town. Beep beep

Twitter isn't helping. I was sent a link via Glamour Magazine to the Top 50 Fashion Finds under £50. I have a small crush on these items. None of which I will buy.







Listen to me, don't listen to me. Talk to me, don't talk to me. Dance with me, don't dance with me. Ohhhhhh BEEP BEEP.

I have already packed for our week in the Lake District (w/c 14th Feb, I know, my OCD knows no limits!) after a £30 trip to Primark to procure a few staple items to bring clothes that I own (and can still fit into after my cake orgy) together into a capsule wardrobe. I was going to post pictures of these clothes but then I got distracted by a little browse on ASOS.





I won't be buying any of them, but a girl can dream. Oh shopping. How I miss thee.
Oh waistline, how I miss thee. I'll just eat this biscuit...
 

Ziggy played guitarrrrrraaaaarrrrraaaarrrrrr .

Title: Fashion by David Bowie

3 comments:

Rhonasaurus said...

Weird. I was looking for Gloria by Cacheral on ebay today and resisted the urge to buy it (£64 was about the cheapest, fricking ridiculous). I was gutted when that was discontinued.

noisome said...

Beware of fake perfume on ebay. Only buy one to start off with and spray and sniff on something other than yourself when you get it!!

Cheryl Elizabeth said...

Oh my God, I'm loving that first shorter skirt and those gloves. I am also going to brave going out one day with that tights idea. I've thought about it in the past and it looks wicked here with the right skirt, so.... thanks Lee for the inspiration! ♥