Rebel Rebel, your face is a mess

This morning marked my first day back in the office after having to work from bed for several weeks to get over my pesky pneumonia.

I've been looking forward to it immensely but it's only lunch time and I'm already berating myself for my stubbornness.

I'm absolutely exhausted and what's worse is - I look it!

I just caught sight of my face in the mirror whilst washing my hands and noticed that I have permanent smile lines around my eyes.

It seems that the best part of 6 weeks of bed rest during the day, sleeping 15 hours a night, drinking lots of water and eating plenty of fruit and vegetables has actually aged me. I'm 27 and seem to have lost my baby face.
Does this mean they'll stop IDing me in Tesco when I buy wine?
Probably not.

Does this mean that the construction workers will stop whistling at me?
Probably.


I'm unamused that the best of Lush, Clinique and The Sanctuary hasn't protected my skin better when I also have a healthy diet and don't smoke or do drugs or get the opportunity to damage it in the sun.

Besides - I've hardly had a lot to smile about lately whilst stuck at home in bed on my own because The Boy has been travelling with work!

Oh woe is me and my skin elasticity.

What's next? Tena lady pads? *runs away screaming*

Ziggy played guitarrrrrraaaaarrrrraaaarrrrrr.



Title: Rebel Rebel by David Bowie

4 comments:

Emmy said...

Oh My Dear, your skin is probably just getting over you being ill, as soon as your back to health, your skin will be back to sparkles and rainbows.

Dont invest in Tena Pads yet :) x

Caitra said...

Your idea of rested is not most people's idea of rested!

I am now completely confuzzled. I have either made a mistake or lost my mind, probably a mixture of both

knittycnixon said...

I don't think you need to reach for the Tena yet. I've noticed there are some laugh lines around my eyes now... I plan on investing in some Olay next time I go to Boots... damn you aging!

Blue Lights Photography said...

*laughs* yes I doubt that you need Tena YET. But yes Olay! Were nearering 30 you know! x